Monday, August 8, 2011

Writing in Pen and Ink

A couple of years ago I threw away years and years of journals that I had been keeping, and I'm glad that I did it. Recently, though, I've begun writing in notebooks again, using a fountain pen. The act of writing satisfies me. I enjoy filling up the pages.
Will I ever read what I'm writing? I doubt it.
Will anyone ever be interested enough in me to read it?
Who cares.
The value of the writing is in the writing, even getting a bunch of trivial junk out of my mind by putting it down on paper.
Occasionally the germ of a poem has emerged on the pages of my notebook, or ideas that could be developed, if I had the urge to develop them.
What about a book called: "How to Expect the Unexpected?"
I rather assume that no one in the world is reading the stuff I put in this blog. It's kind of like keeping a journal and leaving the drawer unlocked, half hoping that someone will snoop around in it, but being careful not to put anything too revealing about other people into it.

No comments: